Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Playing Catch Up!

Wow, time flies! I have been sick on and off and I have had computer trouble, and I have just not felt like getting on the computer and giving attention to something other than what I had to handle.
Sorry for those who would get on here to check for updates for me and my fam because they just weren't put on here.
I will try and recap, it is going to be extremely condensed.
So after the pneumonia that took quite a while to recover from, I have just been kickin it back and takin it easy. Kids don't usually allow this to happen so I have just been running around to and from Hailey and Kyle's soccer games and practices, and just being mom and getting the usual exhaustion that comes from that.

I have recently started walking out in the mornings with Janel, (we started at the gym, but 5am workouts just weren't workin out) so 6am workouts through the cemetery isles have been working for us so far. Hopefully we can bump it up to a run/jog the whole time instead of every other isle. After the awesome workouts and getting my fun friend free therapy from Janel, whom I adore and suck all of her info and probably energy out of, I go on with the day. Lately my kids have been stinkers and also so sweet at the same time, so it evens out.

Dan and I took on a paper route from another friend, Liann and her husband and it has been helpful in the fact that our debt can now not be such a stress. It is starting to become a feeling of yes, we can get through this, other than the feeling like you don't know how you will ever recover and be debt free. We can finally see what needs to be done and we are taking action and doing it, even if it means having a job that is in the wee hours of the morn and feeling like you have a kids job and your missing your bike and the $2 that you need to beg for, it has been good. (Reference to Better off Dead movie, in case you don't understand my humor-"I want my two dollars") Dan does most of the work, I take Saturdays to give him a day to sleep in. If I can handle more days, I'll take it, although, I think Dan doesn't feel confident enough for me to take on more. He gets the route done in 1/2 the time and gets no complaints. Me, on the other hand, take forever and when I have had enough, and I get frustrated at those addresses and what goes to whom and where, trying to beat the rooster's crow. I sometimes have the attitude of "screw it" and go on to the next address that I know. Doesn't happen all of the time, I am okay with a complaint here and there. I am use to it. Dan, probably not so much, his demeanor usually radiates perfection. That is what happens when you marry your complete opposite. Sorry Dan.
Marriage wise, things have been only getting better. Dan had put some money aside for our 10 yr. anniversary coming up in July (Can you believe it? Me either-that is has been 10 years, not that Dan set aside $ for a romantic vacation) When I found out he did this I was floored. Dan doesn't value vacations in the way that I do and he knew that it was important to me and that I had been dreaming of an awesome romantic vacation for our 10yr. ever since we were married. It was always...maybe for our 10yr. over and over when I envied other people's exotic vacations.
With the economy scares and the possibilities it may bring, I decided food storage was awesome to spend some of the money on and is way more romantic than any island with clear blue water and palm trees and georgious flowers and warm sand. Really, I thought I would be way more sad letting the trip go and spending the money more wisely and it wasn't bad at all. The romantic thing for me was that Dan set money aside and knew what I wanted and was trying to give it to me. THANK YOU DAN! I love him for always trying to be what I think that I need. I love him. This year has been our year of trying new things to fall in love with eachother for and we have both tried hard for one another and I am so thankful that it has worked, more than I had hoped for. LOVE HIM! Can't wait to spend eternity with him, he is my Best Friend!

So that wraps up the lost time I didn't post and with this novel, I hope that you are caught up on our lives.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Life is crazy right now! I think I would be afraid of having a paper route! I get lost in Vegas all the time, what would it be like delivering papers! And then there are those nut-jobs (like me) that get 4 Sunday papers...I think it would be too much!

Dan is a super hubbie, and I am so glad that opposites attract. You two are perfect together. Food Storage is a great romantical way to spend that money!